PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Install McAfee Total Protection

Chistabo
05-13-2014,
Unable to Install McAfee Total Protection

Chistabo
05-19-2014,
Why not standard way to remove and then MCPR?

Jessemann
05-25-2014,
Actually i want to install my McAfee Total Protection but keet getting the message " Unable to continue Installation " then i successfully removed existing McAfee from Control Panel > Add & Remove programs and tried McAfee Installation again but same error message so now i am trying MCPR tool for complete cleanup of old McAfee but its also showing Uninstallation incomplete ........Please help

Jessemann
05-31-2014,
* How to uninstall your products using MCPR.exe
* How to uninstall or reinstall McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

However, if your machine is infection with malware...you should take care of that first.

If you need individual assistance with malware infection, you should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum OR follow the instructions provided in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

If you choose to post a log...after doing that, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one