PDA

View Full Version : About AWS and GoDaddy

admin
12-18-2012,
I need some server space for a new website and was looking into AWS and GoDaddy. As I understand, GoDaddy allows you to buy a domain (like www.example.com) and hosting space whereas AWS just gives you hosting space. Am I right? Please correct me.
I need to buy a domain and need hosting space and would like to know the best way

Anshur
12-22-2012,
You have to buy a domain, so use that for Godaddy and then you can set up the hosting on AWS. You can use AWS hosting for free for a year.

If you don’t want to set up the server you can just use Godaddy for a shared hosting (which you pay for – look for discount codes) and normally they give a free domain with it.

Anshur
12-26-2012,
You have to buy a domain, so use that for Godaddy and then you can set up the hosting on AWS. You can use AWS hosting for free for a year.

If you donít want to set up the server you can just use Godaddy for a shared hosting (which you pay for Ė look for discount codes) and normally they give a free domain with it.

captaintravis
12-30-2012,
AWS sounds good. I want control over the server. And what’s this EC2 and S3?

capilta
01-03-2013,
Yes, and you’d have to install Apache and PHP on the EC2 server so that it can serve a PHP site.