PDA

View Full Version : Best way to go paperless in college

DennisH
02-21-2013,
Hey guys,

we get all your college stuff via .pdf so during the lessons I make notes on my Mac via the note tool and mark specific and important text parts. Right now I use 'Preview' for this.

Is there any other way to organize all those pdfs and is there a better way to attach handwritten notes to a pdf page? Sometimes we have graphs etc. I would like to attach to that pdf page.

How do you do it? How do you organize all your college stuff to be paperless?

Thanks in advance!

Ezzah
02-25-2013,
I don’t know if it’s available for Mac but OneNote is by far the best application in this area. (it is pretty much the only application in this area.) I think there might be a web version you can use, it might not be fully featured though.

If you are able to use OneNote, I would highly recommend it, it is truly amazing and I have been using it to take all my notes in university for 3 years. (I use a windows pc with pen however)

http://www.onenote.com/

Galyn
03-01-2013,
Papers is an excellent piece of software for document library management.

It’s kind of like…iTunes, but for PDFs. You can make individual collections, smart groups of PDFs, full-text search the entire database…It also integrates into PubMed, arXiv, and numerous other reference databases, so you can search for and match academic documents.

It costs nearly $60 but there is a substantial student discount; you just send them a picture of your student ID to get it.

ionone
03-05-2013,
OneNote is not available for Mac, but I could Evernote instead, but I don’t know about.

I will give Papers a shot … It looks really interesting in the video!

Thanks!