View Full Version : Best way to go paperless in college

Hey guys,

we get all your college stuff via .pdf so during the lessons I make notes on my Mac via the note tool and mark specific and important text parts. Right now I use 'Preview' for this.

Is there any other way to organize all those pdfs and is there a better way to attach handwritten notes to a pdf page? Sometimes we have graphs etc. I would like to attach to that pdf page.

How do you do it? How do you organize all your college stuff to be paperless?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know if it’s available for Mac but OneNote is by far the best application in this area. (it is pretty much the only application in this area.) I think there might be a web version you can use, it might not be fully featured though.

If you are able to use OneNote, I would highly recommend it, it is truly amazing and I have been using it to take all my notes in university for 3 years. (I use a windows pc with pen however)

Papers is an excellent piece of software for document library management.

It’s kind of like…iTunes, but for PDFs. You can make individual collections, smart groups of PDFs, full-text search the entire database…It also integrates into PubMed, arXiv, and numerous other reference databases, so you can search for and match academic documents.

It costs nearly $60 but there is a substantial student discount; you just send them a picture of your student ID to get it.

OneNote is not available for Mac, but I could Evernote instead, but I don’t know about.

I will give Papers a shot … It looks really interesting in the video!