PDA

View Full Version : Article says Android better than iOS

AntonioRit
06-19-2015,
Here is a detailed article (http://paulstamatiou.com/android-is-better) where the author gives his case for why Android is better than iOS.

Antonrilt
06-19-2015,
Vic, Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for the link.

AntonioMt
06-19-2015,
I was able to get a Android smart phone, Root it, Partition the SD card and use Link2SD to free up enough space to run many many apps and games within a week. To be fair I never dealt with the iOS platform and I'm sure its quality but my experience with Linux made it a no brainer to go with Android.

aohpaxgggj
06-21-2015,
iOS is fated to shrivel up. I'm happy for competition, but, the PC market has proven that an OS is a natural monopoly, and that the monopoly goes to the hardware agnostic OS. We also know this by the current mobile OS trend.

Anupam
06-21-2015,
It's odd, I love android for different reasons. Namely I like to tweak :S I don't care to be tied to the phone so notifications/Google Now (how he uses it for the card updates), I could care less for. I'll look up what I want, not when the phone thinks I want it. If I'm not responsible enough to be on time to a meeting and plan ahead for traffic, I doubt a phone would make the meeting successful even if I do get there on time.

Aoshuafred
06-22-2015,
I use both android and iOS. Just find iOS more slick to use…so tend to use that more often than android.

Though I will admit using android on a 20 inch tv (also used on a tablet) can be fun.
(Though I dare say iOS would be too ..if that was an option.)

In reading the article I wondered if we were really comparing operating systems or apps. I tend to use apps or software available across multi platforms if poss. (Cuts down on required learning.)