PDA

View Full Version : South Park The Stick of Truth

Alexstrasza
06-23-2015,
This game is out next Tuesday and I'm debating if I should get it on release as I'm a big big fan of the show but most of the spin off games related to Southpark have been kind of disappointing to say the least.

I know the shows creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have had a big input into the game and I know that they insisted that the game would only be made if it could faithfully represent the show's unique 2D look, which is based on the style of cutout animation.

Perhaps this could be a good game or perhaps it may be like the recently dreadful Family guy game that just got recently released (I hope not)

anyway what do you all think anyone here getting it?

AlexVar
06-24-2015,
Isn't it delayed because of THQ going under and Ubisoft picking up the rights to the game?

Still really looking forward to it though, love that Matt & Trey have had so much input and the trailers have made me laugh, I think Obsidian have it in them to make this something really fun.

alextage
06-25-2015,
Isn't it delayed because of THQ going under and Ubisoft picking up the rights to the game?

Still really looking forward to it though, love that Matt & Trey have had so much input and the trailers have made me laugh, I think Obsidian have it in them to make this something really fun.

AlexWeedoseah
06-26-2015,
I think the chances of it being as terrible as the Family Guy game are slim. Then again, the premise isn't funny (their parodies never are) and the games it is apparently emulating aren't all that enjoyable to me, so I guess it could be equally unenjoyable in a way of its own.

Alexvef
06-26-2015,
It is delayed because SPDS claim that they own the rights to the game so it should never have been in the THQ auction, meaning Ubisoft buying the rights was worthless.

Personally I hope SPDS win the case.

admin
06-27-2015,
If THQ didn't get their permission to pass on the property to another distributor than SPS are right for trying to block that move going ahead.

Wonder where this game will eventually land.