PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360

Bryantsr
07-05-2015,
Hello all,

We recently purchased an xbox360. We are looking for some input from other gamers out there in regards to the extended warranty. Is it advisable to purchase the extended warranty with the xbox? We have 30 days from date of purchase to add the warranty, so before we did so we were hoping we could get some feedback

Thanks,

BryantSt
07-05-2015,
When buying a "used" or "refurbished" Xbox360 the 1 year extended warranty comes in handy I'm on my 3rd one and I got my first about 1 year ago.

BroonryDoka
07-06-2015,
Depends. If it is one of the newer smaller black xbox slims I wouldn't worry too much if it is an older bulkier one where is the dotted line sign me up I've gone through 3 as well. Heck if its the big bulky older one try and sign up for a 3 year extended http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

-Bar

brothSr
07-06-2015,
Bar,

It is brand new, not a refurbished one. Not sure if that helps.

broSr
07-07-2015,
Well, some of the parts on the "slim" models are identical to those found in the earlier models, but the risk of system failure on the newer models is lower. BTW, technically the slim models are technically incapable of showing the red ring of death, they will still break though.