PDA

View Full Version : Best Free Music Players for Android

azhigpvlc
07-05-2015,
Which are the best free music players for Android?

I tried to search for music players on the Android Market, and the search results are just crap. Even after selecting free from the options, two trial software came on top.

There is no way to search by ratings. If I search by popularity, whole loads of some other unrelated software appear in the list.

If I search by relevance, then some satisfactory results appear.

I didn't think the search would be so bad, considering its coming from Google's own service.

Anyways, which are the good free music players? My needs are very simple, I just want a nice music player, to play music.files.. mp3 mostly.

azhgtdmhh
07-05-2015,
I would suggest [commercial software] since its by far the best player i have used but sadly its not free but its worth paying if u want an awesome player

regarding free ones the default music player actually kicks others in terms of sound quality but not as many options in settings as other players

among free ones i would suggest ttpod , mixzing and maybe there are 1 or 2 more..dont remember there names now

also u can always add equalizer application to boost up sound even more

Azrydtergy
07-06-2015,
Thanks. I had to edit the name of the commercial app, because although it may be awesome, but our forum and site is about freeware only http://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Thanks for the other suggestions, will check them out.

azpiprnfjz
07-07-2015,
TTPod Music Player is a good suggestion by Av_Crazy. Now we have a stub for Best Free Music Player and Organizer for Android (http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-music-player-and-organizer-android.htm).

AzoneSmed
07-07-2015,
Ah yes i saw that category when it was created
I usually prefer music players that have inbuilt equalizer and many few have that capabilities
if it doesnt have inbuilt equalizer then i look for the simplest ui

let me name all the good players
ttpod - has equalizer
winamp - windows favourite for some but lacks equalizer in free
doubletwist - no eq but simple ui
cloudskipper - has eq
soundbest lite - has eq but m still trying how to on the eq !!
kascend music player - almost same ui as ttpod but eq is more powerful
mixzing - popular but eq isnt perfect
songbird - beautiful ui but sadly no eq

and dere are more !

admin
07-08-2015,
There is now a proper review for BF Music Players for Android here on main site :

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...er-android.htm (http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-music-player-and-organizer-android.htm)

I am now on the lookout for a good music player for Android. I still do not have internet on the phone, but I found that on some of the home sites of the apps, .apk files are provided, which I can download to my PC, transfer them to the phone, and install them with Astro File Manager, or ES File Manager, which both have the option to install apps from .apk files.

I can also access internet, whenever I go to my cousin's place, who has wifi enabled internet.

I tried TTPod recently, and while it has a good interface, in terms of features, I didn't find much difference from the stock player. Further, the app is not properly translated in terms of language, and some parts of app are still non-English. This is also mentioned in the review above. So, that needs improvement. The major part of the app however, is in English, and does not pose any serious problems, in using the app.

I do not want to try WinAmp, or Real Player, as these have been available for Windows since long time, and I think people are now tired of WinAmp, and further, the free version lacks some features. Real Player is just adware on Windows, and so I have no interest for its Android version.

The other that I tried is MixZing Music Player. And while it looked quite interesting from the pics, but when I actually tried it, I did not find the interface at all impressive.. in fact, I was quite disappointed. The player does has one good feature though, that of having ability to edit tags for the music files. This is one feature I would really like in a music player.

I searched the play store for more music player apps, and there are quite a lot, but very few impress in terms of looks, or features.

The one that I really would like to try out is Cloudskipper. It really looks good from its screenshots, and the feature set looks good too. Will try it the first chance I get. Unfortunately, its apk file is not available on its home site. I hope it lives up to the expectations, otherwise, my search for a good music player will go on.