PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to current gen in september - help me decide!

Andyuk
07-17-2015,
hey

i am upgrading in september when pes16 comes out, not sure which console to buy

past consoles i have owned are: spectrum zx, NES, sega megadrive, N64,Gamecube,Xbox 360

love my 360 so always assumed x1 upgrade would be a given but now i am in 2 minds

for me i am buying console mostly for pes 2016, that is made as priority for sony if we are being honest, all hands on and conference showings are ps4 version(this seems to be the case with all games actually) also pes fanbase is mostly on playstation so getting a game should be easier on sony console.

also 1080p seems to be norm on ps4 but not x1,now i am not a grpahical buff but the game is known to run smoother and look better on ps4.

also kit editing can only be done on ps4 as they allow usb stick support and microsoft do not.

on the flipside i really like xbox live(and psn had that bad hacking which makes me paranoid) xbox interface also looks nice, i am not a fan of sonys dvd player like menus.

apparently psn plus offers free games though of betetr quality than games with gold? also in terms of multiplayer on games i purchase retail can i play games online without playstation plus?

controller wise i prefer xone, never been huge fan of playstation controller. maybe i could learn to love it though?

can you play videos from usb on playsation? or is it all rights protected? and can you sign up to psn plus without using a credit card?

really do not know what to do, help!

AngeblRids
07-18-2015,
My advise would be to see if you can play around with a PS4 or XB1 either in a store or around a friend's house to see how you feel about it. The menu system of the PS4 not the XMB of the PS3 that you are afraid of - and in fact it's a lot easier to navigate than the XB1 IMO. Playstation Plus is mandatory for online gaming like Xbox Live Gold is. And a new media player has just been released to allow you to play movies from USB.

Good luck!

Angel8729113
07-18-2015,
Most GAME stores have both an XBO and PS4 to try out by now.

I have both, and personally I prefer to the Xbox One. For me, it's the all round better console.

Angelababytage
07-19-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan27 (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=78746858#post78746858)
My advise would be to see if you can play around with a PS4 or XB1 either in a store or around a friend's house to see how you feel about it. The menu system of the PS4 not the XMB of the PS3 that you are afraid of - and in fact it's a lot easier to navigate than the XB1 IMO. Playstation Plus is mandatory for online gaming like Xbox Live Gold is. And a new media player has just been released to allow you to play movies from USB.

Good luck!

thank you! i like watching movies in bed from usb so thats big info

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=78746877#post78746877)
Most GAME stores have both an XBO and PS4 to try out by now.

I have both, and personally I prefer to the Xbox One. For me, it's the all round better console.

i have played ps4 and x1 before in shops, nothing strikes me as MUST BUY THIS CONSOLE though.

can i ask what specially gives x1 the edge in your opinion?

AngelaVode
07-20-2015,
TBH there is very little in it between the two consoles and it really comes down to what friends have and whether you want to play with them and what game exclusives each system offers.

Both play media, I think XB1 is better at this as its had this feature longer.
Both offer free games as part of their network subscription, quality of titles is subjective.
Both require subscription to play online, but PS4 doesn't require it for F2P games.
Controllers is again subjective, but from my experience its easy enough to become accustomed to a new controller (I hated the DS3 when I went from Xbox to PS3 (Thought the sticks were in the wrong place, now the Xbox controller feels awkward after so many years of using a Dualshock)).
Resolution really doesn't matter anywhere near as much as internet forums would have you believe, for the most part if you only own one system you want notice anything wrong if you happen to own the 'bad' version of a game.
Both LIVE and PSN offer prepaid cards so you dont have to use a credit card.

If PES is your main concern and if PES really is better on PS4 than get a PS4.