PDA

View Full Version : HELP please! I don't want to lose 3,8 GB of history chat.

AndrewMi
07-19-2015,
For some misterious reasons regarding my old ID apple (currently i have a new one) and all related apps, it's been 1 month that i don't access to Wechat, a really disaster.
I could easily uninstall the app and download it again but in this way would lose all history chat and don't want that.
I have 3,8 GB of history in the app, don't want at all to lose all this, i can't.
I backed up the app including data and that has been possible only with 1 software, iClover, the only program able to back up such a big file's data, all the others data transfer softwares available on the web did not manage to do anything, some of them because of limitations in the features, some of them because of the file size.
But unfortunately not even iClover is able to restore the history in other devices, just the app without data. I have tried many times, the process takes 1 hour and makes you think is going to be succesfull but at the end nothing, just the app.
I backed up the "ipa" file on my pc and then tried to restore on Ipod touch and Ipad, that works with other apps with the same problem, but not Wechat.
I spent almost 1 month doing these experiments but nothing, no way. It is really frustrating, this app seems to be different than any other app, i am pretty sure about that.
There is no way to manage such a big data file, if i browse the app on pc i can't see clearly the history chat as it is all decrypted, i see many folders and files but are all decrypted.
I am not sure 100% but i think the history should be inside the folder "Documents", and maybe also in other folders, the last attempt i wanna try...my last chance...is copy with explorer the folder Documents from Iphone to Pc, and then from Pc to the Ipad but i am not sure if this can really work and also not sure if the history is just in that directory or even others, and which ones.
I really hope someone can help me...
I am desperated and really frustrated, 1 month out of Wechat is a problem for my social life and even for my job, it is a damage.
How to extract the history chat without the cloud system?? How to manage 3,8 GB of data?? It seems to be impossible!!

Andrewoi
07-21-2015,
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/profile_images/666125/IMG_0026_small.JPG (http://www.theverge.com/users/Adrian%20Holland)Adrian Holland (http://www.theverge.com/users/Adrian%20Holland)

You might have heard some people talking about this weird thing, what’s it called. Guewgle, Guwgel? Ah! Google!
I mean common WTF, I type "How to backup wechat" and get advice. Did you even try?:
How to backup and recover WeChat history for android, iPhone iOS, Windows Phone
WeChat history backup and recovery or restore require if you have changing your handset of upgrade WeChat version. Unfortunately till now WeChat backup not possible on a desktop PC. WeChat provide a cloud storage solution for WeChat history backup and restore. By default WeChat chat history is only stored for 7 days. It means after seven days your backup will no more exist on server. While WeChat history backup you can set a password for secure your conversation and backup selected friend’s conversation. After configure WeChat on new handset or device you can restore WeChat backup on your smart phone.
Let’s start the WeChat history backup and restore procedure step by step and it remain same for all ranges of mobile version (Android, iPhone iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian)
How to backup WeChat history
Step 1. On your WeChat application screen Go to > Settings >General > Chat History Backup refer the images below.
Step 2. Click on "Back Up" and select the conversations that all you would like to backup on the server.
Step 3. Here you have an option to set a password for the WeChat history backup.
Step 4. Click on backup and sit back till WeChat backup uploading to server.
How to recover or restore WeChat history
Now, after you ready with your new device or updated new WeChat version just login to your WeChat application.
Step 5. Go to > Settings >General > Chat History Backup then select "Restore" enter password which you have set at the time of uploading WeChat history backup.
Step 6. At last it will ask for confirmation and show the backup file detail about the handset and backup date. Say OK and you have your last backup messages on your new smart phone.

AndrewNisp
07-22-2015,
Adrian; bruh have some chill. No need to be so short tempered.

Andrewmn
07-22-2015,
Try again, but without the dickishness

Andrewpam
07-23-2015,
1) In my post i wrote clearly that i don’t have access to the app, so i can’t back up the history chat from the inside the app as you mentioned (i already knew that method, it is very common on the web).
2) In my post i also wrote that i spent the last entire month doing as many experiments as i could, which means searching on Google how to solve the problem.
What i am looking for is a technical solution, how to recover the history chat on my pc in order to transfer it to another apple device.
By using some softwares (iClover the best one) i managed to back up app and data on my pc but as i said, i can’t restore it, don’t know why (i am guessing because of the file size, 3,8 GB).