PDA

View Full Version : Canon to Fuji to Canon. Sort of.

bootmblhkm
07-21-2015,
After selling all my Canon gear (5Dii/50L,70-200,24-105 etc etc) about 3 years ago and switching to the marvellous Fuji system, I have taken the plunge and purchased a Canon 7Dii/100-400 Mkii combo. I'm not getting rid of all my Fuji gear as for portraits and travel it is brilliant, but sometimes you just need decent reach and fast focussing. Late yesterday I braved the frigid wind and headed down to the beach to photograph some waxheads doing their stuff off the Coffs Harbour north break wall. The light was lousy and the action sporadic but the 7Dii/100-400ii combo is, in a word, phenomenal. I have no idea what I'm doing with the AF at this stage, but it just doesn't miss focus, even at 10 fps. The thing can shoot 1090 jpg's before slowing down. It is a beast. No great images to post from yesterday but hopefully there will be many more as the summer approaches. No need for a gym membership with this equipment as it's as heavy as lead, but enjoyable. I have sold the X100s, and the 90mm F2 is next to go, which will pay for most of the new lens. I plan to keep the XT-1/35/18-55 setup as it is brilliant and easily transportable. I am saving my bickies to add a Canon 16-35 f4, which is highly regarded as a stellar lens. Anyway, happy days ahead hopefully.

BosssoN
07-22-2015,
How does the X-T1 perform in a marine/close to the sea environment? Do you get any problem with the saltiness of the air, or the humidity (mould, etc.)?

bpthudqglb
07-23-2015,
We live about 3-4 kms from the ocean, so it's no problem. Living right on the beach? Not sure. Up here if you left your gear for years without using, it would definitely grow fungus but I don't keep stuff that long to worry about that. I suppose a proper humidifier would be good but you're talking about big expense then I imagine

Bradleyhock
07-24-2015,
I have sold the X100s, and the 90mm F2 is next to go, which will pay for most of the new lens. I plan to keep the XT-1/35/18-55 setup as it is brilliant and easily transportable.

Brandonmi
07-28-2015,
. I am saving my bickies to add a Canon 16-35 f4, which is highly regarded as a stellar lens.