PDA

View Full Version : Forced to purchase new camera

bxhcnxnpsy
07-24-2015,
After serving me well for since its release I've been forced to say good bye to my faithful 6d. Just a few days ago I had my camera disappear on me in Cartagena, Colombia. Now as my next trip quickly approaches I am back on the market for a camera. Important features required: -Lightweight (lighter than my 6d would be welcomed!) -good for landscapes -good battery life -image quality = or > the 6d -ability to use use my current canon lenses (w/adaptor is okay) I think that about sums it up... Currently top of my list of options are the sony a7r and the fuji x-t1 Any suggestions?

capilta
07-25-2015,
I'm really curious if you'll be able to find >/= 6D IQ with markedly lighter weight. Fuji X-T1 is APS-C and I doubt the IQ would = 6D. I would guess you'd need to stick with full frame. Maybe a Leica M9? Travel benefit of it being more discrete and less attention getting. But then you'd have to change lenses.

ceosteven
07-26-2015,
I would think that the A7r would top the 6D in all but battery life. Resolution, weight, image quality, landscape, the A7r would be much better. ANd if you can wait, the A7rII looks phenomenal.

ChrisMarshall
07-28-2015,
I would think that the A7r would top the 6D in all but battery life. Resolution, weight, image quality, landscape, the A7r would be much better. ANd if you can wait, the A7rII looks phenomenal.

cherylisfun
07-28-2015,
Looks like the A7r is your ticket. Are the required items ranked in order of importance?