PDA

View Full Version : BSOD can't boot, Need help please!

Mark C.Smith
07-24-2015,
Hello I am helping a friend with their computer, The Laptop will not boot other than into BSOD with this error showing
File: \Windows\system32\Drivers\aswRvrt.sys
Error Code: 0xc000007b

I have tried:
system restore: not working
system recovery: not working
Windows recovery disk: not working
Safe mode: not working
startup repair: not working
linux mint disk: works
have recovered the data with linux mint

computer came with OEM and no windows activation code

Thank you

MetaQuotes
07-25-2015,
See if this thread helps: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120531.0

MilladDagdoni
07-26-2015,
Hello Allan, Thank you for your reply, that thread leads to black screen with cursor showing, my problem is with the computer booting straight to BSOD nothing else.

MattMorris
07-26-2015,
Are you saying as soon as you boot you get a blue screen? At precisely what point? And how did you try system restore?

And you say you tried a "system recovery disk" - is that something supplied by your computer manufacturer? If so, EXACTLY what happens when you boot to it?

moralatheist
07-29-2015,
I boot the system and see the windows orb logo then get a blue screen,
I boot the system and press ESC to get the boot menu, then press F11 to get to System Recovery menu, I have chosen to try Recovery, System Restore and from DVD all options restart the computer to BSOD

I tried the system recovery disk I had created from my own system but no its not from the Manufacture of the same system I am working with, does that make a difference? I am still new to Windows 8, but pretty well know my way around computers and this is one weird issue going on here, That I have never had to deal with before.