PDA

View Full Version : 'No signed device drivers were found'

BrandonBah
07-25-2015,
i need help...bad...I picked up a copy of windows 8.1 yesterday (hoping to upgrade it to 10 once i got it. I also already had windows 7 on the computer, so i started the setup from the desktop) it did its thing. I typed in the product key and continued through the process. Then i got to the 'where do you want windows to install?' tab and it lets me pick which hard drive to install windows on. Thats where the problem occured, I can not for the life of me figure this out. I've got a friend who know's a ton about this stuff and i was on the phone with him for at least 2 hours last night. we cant figure it out, I've downloaded the drivers on a flash drive and it wont open. I have the motherboards CD in and it doesn't help. there are no .exe files. and I have spent hours trying to get it to work and it doesn't.

My PC specs (If needed)

A10 7850k AMD APU W/ RADEON R7 GRAHPICS (CPU)
A88X-PRO ASUS (MOTHER BOARD)
RADEON R7 265 DirectCU II (GRAPHICS CARD)
And standard windows 8.1

BrandonSr
07-28-2015,
I don't want to say this but you didn't need to buy win8.1 to get 10; you can install windows 10 for free if you have 7.
But since you bought it​​ lets work on it.

So the first thing to do is not to do a clean install; you want to upgrade the PC threw the desktop
it will automatically assign the HDD based on what your upgrading.

Please don't fell bad about this we all make mistakes; believe me I have made some big ones http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup2.gif
Also I have had that problem too so this should help you out

buDbXCdAJ
07-29-2015,
Actually the reason i got a new copy was because my windows 7 was apparently non genuine, and wouldn't let me upgrade :/

BrendaVab
07-29-2015,
Hello,
Oh i see ok
did you try what i suggested? and if you did how did it go

bwobchjzvv
07-30-2015,
Hello,
Nope the only other way is Private Message but when it comes to helping other members
I am not allowed to use Private Message; because we want everything to be out in the open so people can view and stuff.

What I suggested was this
"you want to upgrade the PC threw the desktop
it will automatically assign the HDD based on what your upgrading."
Another words when you plug in the USB or DVD run the Windows 8.1 installer from disc with the PC on; on the desktop

It should work I have had these problems before and this worked.​