PDA

View Full Version : App name idea

TomWatts
07-28-2015,
Hey guys,
Any advices on how to come up with a catchy app name? I've been stuck on that for hours, since most cool .com domains are either occupied or too expensive to bother. I'd much appreciate your ideas.

Webzone
07-28-2015,
Ok, but what’s your app abount? haha

yooperdome
07-31-2015,
I too had a similar question months ago when I was trying to come up with a name for my app. Most good domain names are taken and if u do find one then its probably for sale for a ridiculous price. But like Douglas said, first you have to think about words associated with the main idea or objective of your app. Most good names are descriptive of the app and your users should get an idea just by reading the name. Second, if u think about most good names for existing apps, they are no more than 2 syllables. Your app name has to be short too. So my suggestion is think about what your app is about, then write down a list of all words or 2 words with no more than 2 syllables that best describe your app. Third tip is to find a common word that most of your target users use daily or think about. Something that would psychologically associate the word to your app. For example if your app is about finance management,

wrkitout
07-31-2015,
then ‘TheVault’ or simply ‘Vault’ is a good idea. Bottom line is to come up with a catchy name. something that not only your users will remember but will make it easy for them to tell their friends about it. If flappyBird was called jumpingbird, I doubt it would have gone that viral, despite how addictive it is. And don’t worry about the website name that much, if your building a mobile app, then a name like ‘www.thevaultapp.com’ is fine for now till your app is more successful and you can afford to buy ‘www.thevault.com’. Anyway these are just some ideas that helped when I was looking for my app’s name. Also if its a game by any chance then something playful is a must.lol well depending on how serious of a game it is. FlappyChess wouldn’t really work.lol Good luck

Yiddish
07-31-2015,
Also if its a game by any chance then something playful is a must.lol well depending on how serious of a game it is. FlappyChess wouldn’t really work.lol Good luck