PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) 2015

CharlesBucher
08-20-2015,
Although it started yesterday, the winter event is still going on until 11 January, so go watch some speedrunning live on twitch or watch the different parts of the streams afterwards!

What is Games Done Quick?
Games Done Quick is a bi-annual charity gaming marathon. Volunteers play games at incredible speed ("Speedrunning") for entertainment. The event is streamed live online, non-stop, and all donations go directly to the charity. This is the winter event, with a summer event starting around July.

About the charity
Prevent Cancer Foundation is a 501(3) nonprofit organization that saves lives through cancer research, education and community outreach. Your donations go toward supporting Prevent Cancer Foundation in its mission.

ceosteven
08-20-2015,
Funny noone ever replied to this.

I watched the 2014 AGDQ on youtube and begin this year i watched it live.

I am bumping this thread because next sunday another week starts, and some people here might like it.

Watching everything is pretty hardcore but checking out the schedule and watching some games you like can be pretty entertaining.

cherylisfun
08-22-2015,
Hopefully they're more lax on the rules this time, last one was a bit of a let down because of that.

Chistabo
08-22-2015,
Not to forget that this event is being done to raise money for charity. (and quite a lot is raised every time). If i had a little more money i would donate simply because of the great week of streaming.

This week i am looking forward to:

Zelda runs
Super mario 64 4 player race to 120 stars
Other mario's such as mario 3 and super mario world.
Donkey kong runs
Crash bandicoot runs
Toejam and Earl
Streets of Rage 2

I dont think there is a GoldenEye run this time, but plenty of other great games.

Any games you recommend that are worth watching?

ChrisMarshall
08-24-2015,
Hm, I'm a sucker for source games so I'll throw portal on there, and I'll repeat Zelda and Super Mario 64 because they're just awesome.

Apart from that, Fallout 3's a pretty nice one, although there's a lot of walking in a straight line to get to objectives and TES runs in general (just oblivion in this one though) are stupid in a good way.

I recommend deus ex as well, although this time it's only HR.

I know they're more modern games, but hey, still good to watch http://gtaforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge.gif