PDA

View Full Version : Is Black Flag the Best Next Gen Assassins Creed PC Game?

DarrellOn
08-23-2015,
Yes (5 votes [83.33%])

No (1 votes [16.67%])

DavidJNowak
08-24-2015,
I think Yes since Unity is poorly optimized.

das.markus
08-25-2015,
Optimization? Definitely. Unity was terrible across the board, and there's no doubt that Black Flag was a better port.

Story? Diversity? Yes. Black Flag changed things around with exploration of islands in the Caribbean. I think it was a really nice change of pace from the typical city atmosphere. Did it feel like an "Assassin's Creed" game? In a way, no. But I loved how everything else was accomplished.

Unity went back to square one, some say for the better. However, it's a city, with tail missions, investigations, eavesdropping, viewpoints, treasure, pretty much what we're used to. Black Flag changed that, and was, in my opinion, a nice refresher from the usual stuff we normally see in AC.

dazamate
08-26-2015,
I'm playing Black Flag now and I'm hooked. Its my first AC game. Just how they have everything set up is my kind of game. Everything is pretty much labeled on the map and the fast travel feature is great. Companion app is awesome. Treasure Hunts are always great. I'm finally getting better with ship battles, just finished up my first convoy last night and getting ready to head south of the map as soon as I finish everything in the North. Great game. Loving everything about it. Put it this way as well, I'm currently loving Black Flag and currently playing it, The Witcher 3 is sitting on my stand and I'm only a level 6. Not saying The Witcher 3 isn't a good game, I'm just saying. LOL. I'm liking Black Flag that much. AC Syndicate Gold Edition PS4 version preordered and paid in full. I'm really looking forward to it.

Demetrisphil5
08-28-2015,
The story and setting were delightful refreshers, that's for sure. That said, it's still an AC game.