PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy more RAM

christian.estopare
07-30-2015,
This is what I have currently: 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz and this is what my mother board can handle: 2 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, Dual Channel, DDR3 @1333/1066 Mhz. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

clairelitt
07-31-2015,
Afterwards, I would like to know why you believe there is some advantage in going from 4GB to 8GB...what's your anticipated payoff for increasing the RAM?

CodingGuru
08-02-2015,
I'm looking to speed up my computer because it seems like everything I pick, I get the wheel and it's a slow process for the program to open up and use. If I'm on the internet, it takes "forever" to open up a webpage, for example, the link that you sent, took longer then it should have. My wife has a newer computer and I've compared the times for accessing the internet and mine took longer and to me, it took too long. I get a lot of "program is not responding" but I know it is, I just have to wait a little longer. I do play games on my computer and the video from the link that you provided, talked about using 1 8.00GB instead of 2 4.00GB, and I would be ok with that too provided that the computer is not sluggish anymore. Thank you for you help.

creep01
08-03-2015,
Well...more RAM won't necessarily improve any of those situations...whatever is wrong with your system seems to require a deeper, more comprehensive look for a solution.

Windows runs fine on 4GB for the average user and I believe that it's the atypical user that really gains any benefit from more than 4GB. I have 8GB on this system and I can't say that I notice any difference between when I had 4GB.

counter_violent
08-04-2015,
And...if you are running a 32-bit version of Windows, the system will only use 4GB, no matter how much is installed.

If you want to explore just what your system problems might be...tell us what version of Windows you have installed and we will move this topic...and explore possible actions we can take to improve system performance.