PDA

View Full Version : Cant right click on anything that has to do with the internet

honest_knave
08-04-2015,
Yesterday i put in a new modem and router right after i got them hooked up and on i was unable to right click on anything that has to do with the internet on my laptop. I go to connect to my wi-fi i right click on connect nothing happens i go to network and sharing anything that has to do with the internet i right click nothing happens. when i put in a lan line i can get online but thats it. i know a router cant do this so i was wondering if you guys have any ideas. anything would be appreciated thanks.

iExpertAdvisor
08-07-2015,
Is your WiFi network broadcasting on the 2.4gHZ band or the 5ghZ band?

hydroninja
08-07-2015,
The 1st item - are you speaking of the area where all available wifi signals are listed? If so, RIGHT-click should bring up 3 options related to data usage; metered connections and "forget this network".

The 2nd - If you RIGHT-click on the wifi icon in the notification area (bottom-right of screen), you should have 2 options - Troubleshoot Problems + Open Network & Sharing Center.

IO.Hazard
08-07-2015,
1st i am unable to right or left click on any in the listings of Wi-Fi connections. Same with anything that has to do with connecting to wifi or the internet only way i am able to connect is to hard wire.

2nd that has no affect on anything ive contacted Microsoft spent an hour and half with them they couldn't figure it out.

ivoryred
08-09-2015,
The 1st item - are you speaking of the area where all available wifi signals are listed? If so, RIGHT-click should bring up 3 options related to data usage; metered connections and "forget this network".