PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 issues

BrandonMon
08-16-2015,
Okay, so first things first, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Xyno. I've been to your site before for help anonymously and found it in other user's issue replies. This time I couldn't fix it on my own and now I am here. I will summarize my issues:

I came home today and booted my pc to a black screen after startup, normally where the login users would be, with just a mouse cursor. I restarted, ran system restore via F8 when booting.
Now I can login.
I cannot access most files, Chrome crashes when trying to open, and I had no access to the C: drive.
I booted it again in safe mode and tried some solutions Oh My from here suggested to someone else where you go to the C drive and add admin as the owner and add the authenticated users via search when you add a new user to the C: drive.
I can access the C: drive via windows explorer and open it but opening files (most of the time) refuses me access.
On top of the access issues, it says my copy of windows is not genuine and the key doesn't show in the properties for computer. I tried to readd the key on the side of the pc to revalidate but it gave me an error saying can't make a file that's already there or similar.

At this point I am stumped. The issues with access do not occur in safe mode and no validation issues occur either.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Also, happy Memorial Day guys.

BrandonSr
08-18-2015,
Boot into safe mode.

Please download MiniToolBox (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/) , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Brendapi
08-19-2015,
MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 11-05-2015 01
Ran by Gunther (administrator) on 25-05-2015 at 06:27:08
Running from "C:\Users\Gunther\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Model: Aspire X1430 Manufacturer: Acer

Brandypa
08-20-2015,
Game Booster 3 (HKLM-x32\...\Game Booster_is1) (Version: 3.5 - IObit)

I would remove this, since I don't think it does anything that a user cannot do manually...and it's an IObit product and I don't think very highly of anything they may suggest to any computer user (admitted bias).

bsctjqcwiz
08-21-2015,
I'll be repeatedly checking back on this today, I'm not working whatsoever so I'm idle while I can't use my pc.