PDA

View Full Version : Q: Ustream and AdBlock

latunza
08-03-2015,
Hey guys, simple question here.
Don't know if this has been asked before (I tried searching). Anyways. I was listening to the mobile podcast live today and I had to sit through those God awful ustream ads (I know, what an inconvenience). I read through the previous comments on the past podcast posts and people mentioned using an adblocker to fix this "issue". I was wondering which extension I had to use along with the browser, Chrome would be my go choice but I don't mind using firefox or even IE. I tried using adblock plus with Chrome but that didn't work out well, I still got like 3-4 ads. Any tips?
Thanks for the help and

Lupita
08-04-2015,
I think AdBlock on Chrome is better supported than plus at the moment, or seems better to me! For Firefox Adblock Plus never failed me!

lesliel
08-05-2015,
With Ustream?

makehay
08-07-2015,
Only on Mozilla, not Chrome, but yeah. Blocks adverts for iPlayer also (if your from the UK that is)

marceya94
08-08-2015,
No offense, but how do you expect Ustream to make any money while they provide you with free, live, bandwidth- intensive video content? I’m not a fan of the ads but they’re like 30 seconds and they’re a business and not a charity. It shouldn’t be so much of a burden that you need to find a workaround. I wouldn’t even consider them anywhere close to the most annoying ads that I find at many sites.