PDA

View Full Version : Photo Transferring

Anmilesbig
08-24-2015,
Using Windows XP I took my pics off a floppy and want them to go onto CD and it said they were waiting to be written to CD and then I lost it I wanted to have these because my new computer doesn't have a floppy drive. How can I get them onto the cd? Tomatobug

Annases
08-25-2015,
Do you remember the name of at least one of the photos? If so, open up windows explorer, click on search then type in "*photoname" (without the " " quotes) where as photoname would be the name of the photo. Be sure to have the * in there, as that will find everything that has that name in it (like if you searched for *easter, it would find any files that had any combination of easter in it, such as a file named "east"). Also, don't search for just "pictures, music and video", click on "all files and folders".

Antarganupdam
08-26-2015,
As you have been told that the files are waiting to be written to the CD, you should be able to simply open your CD drive and see them waiting for a click on 'write these files'.

anrwexklfm
08-26-2015,
Neither of these worked Tbug

AnthonyBal
08-29-2015,
If an all inclusive search (*name) didn't work, and you know for a fact that you had the right file name, then chances are that they're not on the computer anywhere. Did you select "my computer" as the place to search? I know that I've searched for things in my external drive when I meant to do it on one of my internal drives! http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif