PDA

View Full Version : Any Dragon Age newcomers playing Inquisition?

Condobloke
02-05-2013,
I haven't played the first two, but have heard nothing but praise for the series. I have been reading the back story and did the Dragon Age Keep, though still not sure if I totally grasp all the back stories and choices that were made. Do you need to know the previous two games well to enjoy Dragon Age Inquisition?

On the fence about jumping in this new dense world.

Thanks!

coldplay
02-10-2013,
QhorinHalfhand http://www.theverge.com/users/QhorinHalfhand

I think its the point of every developer to make games with jumping on points and they tend to walk you through the very basics in every sequel.

That being said the story is self contained. This isn’t like mass effect where you are one character throughout 3 separate games. Every game takes place in the same world but features a new protagonist. So that means there will be call backs and shout outs to previous entries but the bulk of what is happening is in game. And if you are ever confused about anything there will be an excellent in game codex to catch up with the lore.

You’d probably enjoy it more by being familiar with the previous games but that is not to say you won’t have a hell of a time playing it green.

coldplay
02-15-2013,
QhorinHalfhand http://www.theverge.com/users/QhorinHalfhand

I think its the point of every developer to make games with jumping on points and they tend to walk you through the very basics in every sequel.

That being said the story is self contained. This isn’t like mass effect where you are one character throughout 3 separate games. Every game takes place in the same world but features a new protagonist. So that means there will be call backs and shout outs to previous entries but the bulk of what is happening is in game. And if you are ever confused about anything there will be an excellent in game codex to catch up with the lore.

You’d probably enjoy it more by being familiar with the previous games but that is not to say you won’t have a hell of a time playing it green.