PDA

View Full Version : Photo Editing with Clone Tool & Photo Editing Software in General

alexnamefdba
09-20-2015,
Oh hey, I used to use PhotoScape (free software) I think was the name of the program that had what turned out to be a very helpful tool on my Windows Laptop. Now I have a new laptop that I was going to download the same program onto but word has it that it has some "extras" that come with it now that I want to avoid. I guess they aren't major EXTRAS - still I'd rather avoid than worry about removal so I have been trying to find a program that has a clone tool other than Photoscape that has the same capability - does anyone have one to recommend?

Alfredjice
09-20-2015,
It seems like I need to have a variety of programs because none of them do everything.

Picasa from Google doesn't have a way to resize photos at least not that I know of so I use PAINT to do that but I don't like Paint otherwise so I mostly just use it for that. I like Picasa's photo editing overall though I don't think it has red-eye removal but the RESIZE thing is an issue with Picasa. I guess nobody wants to do a program that has everything they'd rather we keep searching because that way they can occasionally slip in the unwanted extras that seem so popular with some sources.

AlfredEl
09-22-2015,
With my new laptop I have Adobe Photoshop Express and some other applications but nothing to write home about. The Adobe program comes with something called Revel but I don't like it so far.

AlfredBuch
09-22-2015,
So anyway - my main purpose is to fine something with a "clone" tool and just thought I'd throw these other subtopics in with it. Does anyone know of a way to resize with Picasa?

Thanks for reading and input if you have it. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/fruits_orange.gif

alextage
09-24-2015,
I use Paintdotnet and it is a free program with a clone stamp that can be used for a multitude of things.
available at getpaint.net

Requires

Windows 7 SP1 or newer (including Windows 8, 8.1, and 8.1 Update 1)
1GHz processor (dual-core recommended)
1GB of RAM