PDA

View Full Version : Official twitter app made a comeback?

BeLikeWater
07-25-2014,
I remember when Twitter came down hard on 3rd party developers a couple years ago and a lot of tech journalists and us savvy folk cried foul. None of us wanted to use the official apps. Now I've noticed a whole lot more of us are using nothing but the official apps on the phones and Tweetbot or Tweetdeck on desktop. What changed? I know the official apps have greatly improved, but have the 3rd party offerings stagnated? Personally I'm still looking for the best android client and have yet to find one that comes close to Tweetbot on iOS, so I'm close to giving up and just going official. Anyway, I was just curious as to what has happened, if anything.

BeLikeWater
07-31-2014,
Have you tried Fenix for Android? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.mvilla.android.fenix&hl=en

BeLikeWater
08-06-2014,
iOS 7 Tweetbot is wonderful though.

Greg
08-12-2014,
Amazing app, I knew I made the right choice when I was looking at Fenix and Talon and trying to decide between the two.

Greg
08-18-2014,
Iíve been using Tweetdeck since before Twitter bought it, I still login with my account as opposed to a twitter api login. But no for me, third party apps like Tweetbot and Fenix are what keep me interested on a mobile platform, I love seeing quirky new UIís and sound effects keep them sweet.

I hate the official app, only ever use it for list management.