View Full Version : Best multi-computer backup?

I keep my important stuff in cloud-synced folders (OneDrive and Dropbox, OneDrive for office documents since the saving/syncing is quite nice built-in into Office). Sure, that may not be the ultimate safest solution but it syncs my files to the cloud as well as between my computers. Not likely all of them gonna break at once except for perhaps on Judgement Day.
I used to use a p2p file sync program that worked via the internet without cloud, it was a free program from Microsoft, but unfortunately they killed it and replaced it with SkyDrive. It was awesome. No space limit and server-independent. Somehow I can’t remember the name right now. I tried using Bittorrent Sync which is supposed to do the same, but at least at the time it was not reliable. Perhaps nowadays it’s better.

Can’t edit on the verge, I remember the name now, Live Mesh. Why they had to kill it off, why.

I use a combination of iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive for syncing, but I like to have a proper backup solution beyond that. I am paranoid about data loss (learned the hard way) and through my work I have some data that is basically irreplaceable (things like oral histories and the like), so safety is a must.

Oh, you also used Live Mesh. My only explanation is that at the time they tried to push their OneDrive and someone thought removing a free product that does something similar (and depending on the use-case, better) would help that cause. Pure speculation though.