PDA

View Full Version : Help with video effect

AriGold
01-27-2013,
I'm planning on filming a series of videos, but I want them to have a cartoon/animated effect. I have Windows Movie Maker and Photoshop CS3, but I'm happy to download another program if it'll do the effect better. I don't want to pay for any software though and the Adobe trials are only 30 days which wouldn't be long enough.

What is the best way to do this effect?

Thanks.

Batgirl1979
02-02-2013,
depends on your amount of patience!
​It's possible to do with Photoshop, I could get in to how to do it, but here's the problem, You have to do it frame by frame. Brilliant amount of control over the final effect, but...a long, long process.
Okay, so We want new software, I'd say adobe after effects are your best way of going. Give it a try and take a look at this video
may help.
- Danny

belmonte
02-08-2013,
Thanks. I have a fair amount of patience but I don't really want to have to do it frame by frame. Some videos might be kinda long.

I really want to be able to use the programs I have, or free programs without borrowing.

BigAl
02-14-2013,
Your going to have to stick with Photoshop then as your best option. That's the only program I've used in the past for animation too, so I can't really suggest any free ones to use, but I found this list for you of all the free animation programs out there, they all have reviews to view also.
http://animation.about.com/od/referencematerials/a/freesoftware.htm