PDA

View Full Version : Graphire4 Wacom Tablet Pen Sensitivity/Driver Problems

clairelitt
03-28-2013,
I need some help please. Up until a few days ago, my Wacom Graphire4 tablet, that I've had for years (meaning it's probably out of date), was working perfectly, with pen sensitivity in Photoshop. Now, it's suddenly unresponsive, & the pen just draws a thick line. In Photoshop, I opened up the Brush Settings to see if I had unchecked pressure sensitivity, but I saw that beside each control (Pen sensitivity, pen tilt, etc.) there was a small, greyed-out triangle with an exclamation point in it.

The only thing I've done in the past few days was try to get my computer to work faster (Firefox kept freezing on me), so I opened up msconfig, & tried to disable some stuff in the startup tab. For whatever reason, the changes didn't stick, because my computer doesn't recognize me as an Administrator even though I'm listed as the Admin, so nothing was really changed, & it just starts in Normal mode.

So, I did some Googling & thought I'd try to uninstall the driver, & reinstall it. Only problem is that I can't seem to find a legitimate driver for my model of tablet on the official Wacom site. I tried sumbitting an e-mail to customer support, but I got a strange error, something about something in the Comment field containing sensitive information (For the record: I hate when online forms tell you something's wrong, but not what's specifically wrong). So, that was a bust, & of course it's a holiday, so the phone line isn't an option either.

So, long story short, I uninstalled the driver I had, installed the closest thing to it I could find, & now when I click on Wacom Preferences, I get an error telling me that "a supported tablet was not found on the system." The pen still works, but again, the pressure sensitivity is nonexistent. I can't find the disk with the original driver on it, otherwise I'd try reinstalling that. So, what can I do now?

clausdp
04-03-2013,
Hello Rocketto!

You might want to try to do a "system restore", by selecting a restore point sometime before you made the changes in "msconfig", it's worth a try, and it may solve your problem.

Coldaluminium
04-09-2013,
Thanks GB. I tried a system restore like you said, going back to about a week ago. However, when I tried to restore it, I got an error that said the restore failed - so now I'm back to where I started. Any idea why this is happening? I tried it with 2 different restore points a few days apart.

coldplay
04-15-2013,
I am not sure why your System restores failed, it might possibly be because you are not recognized as the administrator.

I have had a system restore fail on my machine, for no apparent reason.

That is why I do monthly backups to an external HDD using Acronis software.

But getting back to your situation, you might want to go to the "control panel", and in "user accounts", make sure you are listed as administrator.

Also, did your Wacom tablet come with an installation CD?

If it did, the proper drivers should be on that CD.