PDA

View Full Version : Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Darrix
12-01-2012,
Hi all
I am trying to create a Excel document with Office Starter. However, some of the gridlines disappeared as I was working on it. Note: only some of them. I want to be able to print the gridlines, but they are still missing in print preview. Nothing I have tried has brought it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

dekock
12-05-2012,
Have you considered the free LibreOffice? It contains a pretty much compatible version of Office and it's free. Of course you could spend $150 or so and buy something like the Home and Student version of Office too.

dekock
12-09-2012,
I tried what you suggested but it didn't help. However, Mike at the Computer.net forum directed me to a site that helped. It said to highlight the whole document, then go to the Font section, click on Borders, and click on All borders. The gridlines magically appeared.

Darrix
12-13-2012,
If you turn grid lines off and then back on does the problem get resolved?

Edit: Have you rebooted the computer and then tried opening Excel with gridlines?

Darrix
12-17-2012,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the solution. I am sure it will help other people with the same problem.