PDA

View Full Version : How do you run SSH commands in Komodo Edit?

Delta_Warfare
10-28-2015,
Is it possible to execute SSH commands in Komodo Edit such as connecting to the server, adding, committing, tagging files, ls, cd, pwd, chmod, rm, and other such commands? If so how may this be done? Thanks!

DonGiulio
10-29-2015,
Thanks Carey! I've tried it and it doesn't seem to do what I want. It seems like it just does this:
"This macro is currently set up to execute a single command, "ls -la", on the remote machine."
Also I have cmd.exe on a Windows machine that has SSH enabled on it. I had thought I'd be able to run cmd in "Tools"->"Run Command". cmd does run, but SSH does not work somehow. Here's the message I get:
"3 [main] ssh 21852 tty_list::allocate_tty: No tty allocated
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal."
Not sure if that helps.

DottorMarket
10-30-2015,
This is not true. I updated this macro long time ago to support any command. Once you run it you get a prompt window where you can write your command or leave it empty to run ls -la

Coldaluminium
11-01-2015,
Ah maybe I'm just not using it right. I did get the input box for typing in a command. I typed ssh username@domain.com but I didn't get anything after that. I was expecting to be prompted for my password, and then be able to use other commands after I get in. I also tried the "ls" command and nothing happened.