PDA

View Full Version : Android software "Possible Voyeurs"?

JohnKa
10-02-2015,
The other day I went to downloaded a free torch program for my Samsung Galaxy 2 & it had an item at the bottom of it (a miss leading one I might say) stating Battery Update Available, which I thought was a genuine message, so I click on it & found out it was an add for another program. I cancelled the install & removed the torch program after I searched & found the battery update was actually a virus. Now this lead to trying to download another free torch program, but this time I READ THE PERMISSIONS, which was a big shock as nearly all programs I looked at on Google Play have the following items listed 1,2 & 3 or most of them in the permissions agreement & seeing as most people can not be bothered reading all the requirements in an agreement I think the following is wrong.

jeayese
10-05-2015,
(1) CONSTANT INTERNET ACCESS
(2) PHONE CALL & NUMBER MONITORING AS WELL AS BEING ABLE TO MAKE CALLS.
(3) PERMISSION FOR THE PROGRAM TO TAKE PICTURES & RECORD VIDEOS AT WILL.

SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE PARADING IN FRONT OF YOUR CAMERA FOR YOU PARTNER, THE PROGRAM COULD BE RECORDING IT & SENDING IT TO WHO KNOWS WHERE.

Why on earth would a torch program need to take photo's or video's & have internet access.
What do you think? should this be allowed or should the Government put in place laws to stop this from happening?Poll Choices: Yes,No. unsure or who cares
I eventually found one with no permissions listed.

JemFevzi
10-07-2015,
Hi hendos4 and welcome to he forum! ;-)

Unfortunately, you have not given the names of both free torch programs so how can I, and more importantly other people, vote on something that we do not have any info on?