PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access Toshiba Satellite Factory Recovery

Andrewkt
11-05-2015,
I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D that I am trying to do a factory recovery on. I have found how to supposedly access the recovery but it does not work. You are suppose to power off the laptop and hold down the zero (0) key and then press the power button...but it does not work. I can boot up with a Windows disc, BartPE, Hiren...etc. and I can see the 12 GB recovery partition, but can't get to it.

This is a Satellitte C665D-S5332 laptop and some of the instructions are for models close to this. Does anyone know how to bring up the factory recovery menu beside using the Zero key thing? Or does anyone know what kind of image backup Toshiba uses to make the image? i.e. Acronis, Norton...etc. Maybe I can use the actual program to restore with.

AndrewMi
11-05-2015,
Thanks for the instructions...but like I posted in the OP I have tried all of the hold down the zero (0) key stuff and it will not bring up any kind of a recovery menu.

So, my options are now trying to find out what kind of software Toshiba uses to make their factory images with and hopefully I can restore it that way. I can see the Toshiba recovery partition, but got to figure out how to restore it without the recovery menu.

AndrewPhag
11-07-2015,
Boot to something like Parted Magic and use the partition management program. Edit the recovery partition. Check the boot box then restart the computer.

Andrewoi
11-07-2015,
Edit what on the recovery partition?

AndroidBiab
11-10-2015,
Ok, final update. This pc must have had a corrupt area on the hard drive or something. Never could get the recovery menu to come up at all. So, I just wiped it and did a fresh install from disc.

Surely, there has to be some way to access the recovery partition in the event the Toshiba Recovery (boot) software will not work...but I haven't found it yet https://hardforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!