PDA

View Full Version : MS's Julie Larson-Green comments: Windows RT's days are numbered?

benjamingj18
11-13-2015,
Hopefully this means that Windows Phone is going to be upgraded for a tablet role, and not that desktop Windows will be dumbed down even more than it already is in 8.x.

benyahyaalfort
11-15-2015,
Hopefully this means that Windows Phone is going to be upgraded for a tablet role, and not that desktop Windows will be dumbed down even more than it already is in 8.x.

Bennierge
11-16-2015,
Right, being given additional functionality right along with what was always there is dumbing down. https://hardforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png It does not really appear that RT itself is going anywhere as long as the Surface 2 is available. However, that does not mean the Surface 3 will ever be produced.

beqrvjempy
11-17-2015,
The way I see it and seeing this direction Microsoft is going towards, they may want to 100% unify the operating systems-- single kernel that can run on two different instruction sets (X86, ARM), single UI, single ecosystem (Windows Store, Xbox Video, Xbox Music/Shoutcast if they buy it, Office, Skydrive, etc.).

Can you just imagine one OS linked via something like a Microsoft cloud (Azure?) backbone and your phone, tablet, notebook, and desktop PC connected to it with all workspaces and environments unified as one?

Oh my goodness, sometimes hard to imagine this may be what Microsoft really wants to do for Windows as a whole.

Windows 9 & Windows 9 RT may no longer be called that. We may have just simply "Windows".

Bernardgype
11-18-2015,
If I recall correctly, the Fudzilla post took one quote and took it to mean that Microsoft was completely abandoning traditional Windows and going full mobile controlled ecosystems. Either Fudzilla or some other place taking the quote out of context.