PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 My Computer/Icon issues

BerniceSt
11-14-2015,
I don't know how to define this issue, so I will describe it.

BerryhurryCafka
11-16-2015,
These issues all popped up one day and I'm not sure what's going on. I typically keep a clean computer and monitor everything I do. Various virus scanners picked up nothing, checked ram for errors but had none, checked hard drives for errors but had none, I'm not sure what's going on exactly and what's causing this.

These are all related somehow I'm sure, and I'm sure it's one culprit causing it. Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms before? I figure the My Computer and Icon properties one would be more common to others.

bertiecl11
11-17-2015,
Could you go into run command and type: "msconfig" Under the general tab, select Diagnostic Startup. hit apply and reboot the pc and see if the problem is still there.

best value personal loans
11-17-2015,
The problem is not there. I can't speak for the Creative issue because I uninstalled my drivers, but the other issues do not persist. When I go back to regular boot up it continues to happen. I have to find which software is causing the issue then.

BiancaVes
11-20-2015,
My point was you can manually check each app/driver to load until the problem returns. Then you will know what application/driver is causing it. But sorry about my post.