PDA

View Full Version : Efficiently play classic FPS games on smartphone

Ashleybuse
10-30-2015,
Hi all,

I used to play FPS games on the PC years ago (Quake, Duke, Half-Life, Deus Ex...) but now want to play them on my smartphone. Unfortunately, it's absolutely impossible to efficiently control the game and hence all the fun of playing it is spoiled.

Asiaimmut
10-31-2015,
I have an LG GW620, Motorola Droid 3 and just started using a Droid 4. They all have really great QWERTY physical keyboards but still can be used only with the thumbs and that's not enough because you need more fingers to control an FPS game. Many times you have to run, strafe, jump and shoot... all at the same time! There is no way you can do all that by controlling the game with just two thumbs.

askoumwav
11-01-2015,
What, do you think, would be the best way to overcome this problem? I've started looking into portable gamepads that can be attached to the smartphone but am skeptic about them. Does anyone have experience with them? If you don't like them, why?

AssdrillKa
11-03-2015,
Huzzah, it's now a PC.

atakan
11-05-2015,
Do you sometimes play on your smartphone on the go (public transport/doctor's waiting room/airport) or only when you have a table to put the devices on?