PDA

View Full Version : Storage problems on Samsung Galaxy Tab

bdhiaxgt86
11-06-2015,
I was trying to download an app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, but it said I have insufficient storage space. So I uninstalled a few apps but the available space on my device stayed the same and I still can't install the app. When I view my device storage, it tells me my total space is 8.00GB and my available space is 131MB. The other details (space taken by applications, pictures/videos, audio, etc.) just say "Calculating..." and have been for the last 15 minutes. I can't install anything and I don't know what else to do.

BdsmbondKa
11-06-2015,
Your memory card is one space, the onboard area another. With the space onboard so low, that Calculating may never come back.

You didn't reveal exactly which Galaxy Tab so I can't guess if you can add another memory card. My model SM-T3100MKAXAC for example has 16GB onboard which gives me a bunch of space.

Here's a generic article about clearing Andorid cache space.
http://lifehacker.com/clear-all-cached-app-data-at-once-on-android-1443937040

Android 4.1.2 looks pretty old. What is this model?

BearPup
11-08-2015,
My model number is SCH-I915

Flag

BedRoume
11-08-2015,
It seems that without a third-party app you can't clear the cache of all applications on anything earlier than version 4.2 (which my device is). Unfortunately, I'm in a catch 22 because I need to download an app to clear my cache, but I need to clear my cache so that I have enough space to download this app (and as I said, uninstalling apps doesn't seem to clear up space)

BekasCwith
11-11-2015,
You know how my storage kept saying "Calculating..."? Well if I go to an application in the application manager, the cache says "Computing..." and it won't let me press the button that says "Clear Cache." It does this with all of my apps.