PDA

View Full Version : Using Android Phone as a Webcam Through USB

BradleyTruh
11-17-2015,
I don't have a webcam for my PC but my phone has a decent camera so I figured I could use that instead. I looked around a bit and found some apps like IP Webcam where it used the IP of the phone and essentially streamed the video.

BrandonBrar
11-19-2015,
Unfortunately, this ended up being incredibly laggy and almost unusable as a webcam (for Skype). I tried some other apps like WO Webcam and DroidCam which used a USB connection instead of WiFi. The WiFi option within the apps worked fine, but both of the apps didn't recognize my phone when I tried to use the USB option.

BrandenRAXY
11-20-2015,
I can see my phone in Computer and my phone says that it's connected as a camera but the apps seem to not even see it. I'd like to know if there is an app that works, what I'm doing wrong, or what's wrong with my phone.
Phone specs:

Brandonen
11-21-2015,
Did you happen to have the video set to HD?

BrandonLig
11-23-2015,
I tried every video quality setting and I tried turning the HD Mode on and off. Same error.
The link you sent is for a program called EpocCam, which I have used and doesn't do what I want it to. The only thing it says about USB is that they don't support it and I don't need "other tips" because, again, the WiFi option works fine.