PDA

View Full Version : Food Store/Brand Logo - thoughts?

Annases
10-30-2015,
Hi all,
This is a college project in quite early stages for a shop that sells international food ingredients, vegan food, organic food etc. so it has to be quite neutral in terms of what the shop sells but a welcoming feel and a quality aesthetic are a must I think as well as looking quite cool to appeal to the younger generation of cooks as well as the ethnic families who would use it for general grocery shopping.

I will eventually be developing a brand identity and all the accompanying material so while I haven’t got that long to design the logo itself I want it to be high quality to support the rest of the work.

many thanks in advance, Matt

ps. it has been pointed out that the third looks like a logo for a company called pangur so that one while possibly the most successful in terms of simplicity is pretty much out the running

anojhzqtr
10-31-2015,
I think the first one is the most successful, in terms of it being contemporary, friendly, warm etc. The last one does remind me of several other logos so I'm glad you avoiding that one

What is the font you have used for the main text?

AnthonyBal
11-02-2015,
thanks, I've had a few people say they like that but some say it looks like an aid organisation (begging bowl rather than offering) so I'm having a tough time! The typeface is museo - it's a nice free one I found somewhere, the second also looks nice with that font and different colours but not many seem to be hot on that one.

Anthonybib
11-03-2015,
Not feeling any of the ones with spoons, the ones with the bowl look best.

Anthonydom
11-05-2015,
I can understand the "begging bowl" complaint having thought about it and viewd your design abit longer.

Do you need the thick line under the whole thing?

I prefer the blue bowl version (1) but with the warm vertical lines of 6, the swirly line could work if it was a little smaller and liner, its abit clumsy at the moment.

But overall I think your nearly there, I like it, its classy but modern/slightly trendy in an organic/green way.