PDA

View Full Version : Online Portfolio

ArtmurEn
11-06-2015,
Hi There,

I am a graphic design graduate (2009) and I have spent the last year getting work experience to add to my portfolio. I have an online portfolio with websites like Carbonmade : Your online portfolio. (http://www.carbonmade.com).

However I am beginning to feel that it would be better to have an actual website with my own domain name as it would look more professional.

The only thing is that I have no experience in web design, as all my work and qualifications is print/logo design based.

I have thought about going to a web design company and ask them to create me a website. However I feel that it would seem a bit funny, as a graphic designer getting someone else to design for me.

I'm probably being silly, but just wondered what everyone else thinks?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Asiaimmut
11-07-2015,
I assume you will be designing the site yourself. You will simply be hiring someone to do the coding for you! :icon_smile:

ArturoFevy
11-07-2015,
Thanks for the quick reply.

What program would use to design the website. I have dreamweaver, but i have never really used it.

Would I just design it in illustrator/photoshop and apply it to a website template?

askoumwav
11-08-2015,
I was actually thinking you could design how you want the site to look in illustrator/photoshop, then pass it on to the website designer and let them sort out all the functionality for you.

To be honest, I would steer clear of dreamweaver if you don't know what you are doing, as you will probably end up giving yourself a headache! lol!

AssdrillKa
11-10-2015,
Yea, dreamweaver is probably not the best place to start. As a print designer, you may be better off outsourcing the work to someone that does it on a day to day basis.

You give them ideas of a platform that you would like to use if any and then pass the design over to them.

That might be the easiest and quickest solution for you.