PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8... For Social People?

azzashsss
12-12-2015,
I didn't know either or not to update to Windows 8 from 7. From the videos and pictures I've seen looks like an OS mostly for social people who love Facebook, Twitter and what not. So anyone that has 8 installed would you recommend upgrading to 8 or just stay on 7?

bagietwksh
12-12-2015,
What do you use Windows 7 for? Everything 7 can do, so can 8.

I enjoyed gaming on 7 & I definitely enjoy it on 8. Doesn't make a difference.

It's all about what you want from the OS, not the other way around.

barbraon11
12-13-2015,
If you only plan to use a keyboard and mouse driven desktop and traditional Windows desktop apps, 7 should be fine for you. If you really want to find out if 8 is for your try to install in natively if you can on another machine. I like it, run it on a lot of devices from desktops to laptops to tablets and it's working very well for me.

But some like it, some don't and with they way this subject tends to go around here it's really best to leave it at that.

BaoAnhLe
12-14-2015,
8 has some significant security improvements, is slightly faster at some things, and imo has a more efficient program launcher interface, and many other things that some users may appreciate and some don't. For the upgrade price, I think it's a steal.

BarryMilton
12-16-2015,
I'd say go for it, if you're curious. Otherwise, stick with what you already know.

I'm with devil22 about the Start Screens efficiency but that's for another discussion altogether. https://hardforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png