PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders

BeLikeWater
08-11-2014,
Hello. When I got my new HP Windows 7 laptop several months ago I installed Office 2013. I recall at the time importing more than one personal folder into the new Outlook. Enough time has passed that I'm ready to get rid, if I can, of the annoyance having folders I don't use in the folder list on the left. Maybe I should be using them but I don't.

From the top: first I have personal folder with subfolders inbox, drafts, sent, etc.As far as I know I don't use these folders at all and I have cut and moved most of the messages in them to the second folder list.

The second list is name@email.com. There I also have subfolders inbox, drafts, sent, deleted as well as the many other subfolders I've created for various needs.

So, can I get rid of the personal folders listed first? Should I keep them? If so, can I hide them somehow?

Thanks.

alladir
08-18-2014,
You'll want to keep the default folders like inbox, sent, delete, etc. that Outlook uses.

Any folders and subfolders that you created and you no longer need can be safely deleted.