PDA

View Full Version : the best covering letters!...

akfdpvppsv
11-30-2015,
Some of you may remember my current unrest with my employer and my attempts to find a new job. Mrs bigdave works for the same company as me, doing the same job as me and is as un-happy as me. She wanted to apply for a job but didn't know what to write on her covering letter so I wrote it for her. 2 hours after sending it, she got a phone call from a very excited sounding man wanting her to go in asap for an interview.

akwdayprwc
11-30-2015,
I'm really pleased for her (and secretly jealous as sin) and if she get's it it'll be more money coming into the house but why oh why cant I write such a good covering letter for me?

AlbertBig
12-01-2015,
Maybe that's where I've gone wrong? Maybe its just too hard to big yourself up enough so its better to get someone else to write your covering letter?..

Albertmuff
12-04-2015,
That sounds great news - for you both!
Mrs Bigdave might get a new job - and Bigdave can write great letters. . . . how about copywriting as a career!
Seriously. . .
Pretend that you are writing the letter for someone else or, as you say, get someone else (Mrs BD? - she owes you a favour) to write for you - preferably someone who likes you and who wants you to get a job!