PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 Lags etc. Please Help

Aerys
12-02-2015,
Hi.

I've got a problem with my BF2142.
After 5-10 minutes of online gameplay i get lags and it gets even worse when I play longer...

Examples of lags i get are:
- Sometimes I can't jump etc.
- It's very hard to shoot someone, because even though I aim at someone i still miss.
- When I walk or especially run everything including my soldier isn't moving properly. It's all jumpy etc.
- Sometimes the screen just moves itself (without touching the mouse)

My PC:

- ATI Radeon HD4870X2 2GB Gigabyte (It's really hot - 80-95 degrees Celsius)
- ASUS Maximus Formula X38
- 4GB RAM
- Hitachi DeskStar P7K500 500 GB
- Power Supply 850W
- Internet Speed - 10MB
- Modem - SurfBoard SB4100 Cable Modem

I play on low settings and quite low resolution so everything should be OK.
But i still get those annoying lags after 5-10 minutes of online gameplay.

If I turn my PC off or reset my modem and switch the game back on again it's OK but only for 5-10 minutes.

I've been trying to fix this problems for weeks now and I hope that you guys can help me.
Is it my PC or my modem or maybe something else that causes these lags?

afdsrgtoqq
12-04-2015,
The way you described it, it sounds like it's more of an internet connection issue. What happens if you play the game offline?

AfkeroEt
12-05-2015,
The way you described it, it sounds like it's more of an internet connection issue. What happens if you play the game offline?

Agpixbab
12-06-2015,
First off, unplug your router and your modem for a few seconds. Also, if this is a problem that just started happening, maybe it's your ISP at fault. Recently, my internet kept cutting out and I thought it may be my router or modem. After trying some things I contacted Time Warner Cable, and they told me that they were having problems in my area and it will be fixed soon. It eventually was fixed.

AHicascierge
12-07-2015,
So if it's my internet connection that causes these lags, can I fix it?