PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Bandwidth Usage

AErrofftib
12-07-2015,
Has anyone metered their bandwidth usage from the One?
The reason I ask: I have the 30GB HomeFusion LTE Broadband service from Verizon. I have exceeded my allotment and I'm now paying by the GB (I have turned it completely off).
I have noticed the following bandwidth usages since install and I have not used video on demand:
On the first day, I used 6.8GB.
It seems when I install a new game, I'm getting massive downloads (for patches).
Any help would be appreciated!

ajcdxgfsic
12-09-2015,
I’m not a gamer, but I sure as hell hope this isn’t your only option for Internet service. Are you stuck with HomeFusion as your only choice?
Gaming over a connection subject to those data caps isn’t very economical

AhrefasAntectone
12-10-2015,
It’s my only “fast” option. My other option is 1.5 megabit DSL. I don’t think the usage is from multiplayer gaming online. It’s the updates and other system usage (not video) I can’t figure out. Online gaming is just a small stream of data, unless that has changed.
It makes me wonder if the Xbox gameplay uploads are massive in size.

Albertkn
12-12-2015,
Ah, DSL, what was once the bane of my existence
I was lucky if the DSL line I had dropped only 3 times a day. I can see exactly why you don’t want that. Anyway, as for limiting system updates and whatever may be the culprit, I really have no idea – I did find a post somewhere just now that suggests using a computer and bridging the Internet connection through it to the Xbox whilst using a program limiting data after x amount of data’s been pushed through
I dunno anything about the router they give for HomeFusion, but I’d imagine it has a setting to restrict usage, doesn’t it?