PDA

View Full Version : RROD conundrum...

ajiakvyjdb
12-12-2015,
So polling the hivemind here..
I had a first gen Xbox 360, it RROD'd in the first 3 years and I had it replaced under warranty. It worked well for another few years then RROD'd again. I did the x-clamp fix on it and it came back to life. I didn't use it for a few months and it RROD'd again today.
So... I still have a good handful of games for it that I haven't finished yet that I'd like to finish and i see that the Xbone isn't backwards compatible... is it worth it for me to buy a new Xbox now? Anyone think there will be any exceptional deals on black friday? If I get one I'd rather just get a 360 E since the price difference right now isn't that much but since there's no backwards compatibility and they just redesigned it again I'm not expecting any crazy deals...

Alar
12-13-2015,
New or lightly used. If you feel cool with it, looking for a local or a friends, mint 360 slim to buy might be good.
I didn’t know much about the e until I just searched it.. Seem like the slim might be bit better value. cnet (http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/microsoft-xbox-360-e/4505-10109_7-35789091.html)
I’m keeping an eye out in my area myself.

aaifqyxesc
12-16-2015,
Gamestop has good deals on refurbs you can return. Also the craigslist xbox 360 market is a buyers market, I tried selling one on there for dirt cheep and never once got an offer and just gave up after a week.

201527Neew
12-16-2015,
If you can wait, i think you may want to wait until people get the X1 and really start selling their old xbox with games and stuff dirt cheap. A lot of people are still keeping their x360 to have something to play on.IMO i wouldn’t try to get a new xbox 360 these days, a used one will be very cheap and last you long enough.