PDA

View Full Version : How do I set my Mac to Accept Downloads from Non-Apple sites?

Albertojazz
02-03-2013,
I'm trying to download several programs and I am unable to install them because they are from unknown sources???

Thanks.

DonGiulio
02-08-2013,
That is due to Gatekeeper. Here is info on Gatekeeper, including how to adjust its settings:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

DonGiulio
02-13-2013,
"closed app stores" ( as in operating systems that will only accept programs/apps from a certain source) are a bit weird, they are good from a security standpoint but bad from a civilised standpoint UNLESS the user is free to circumvent the closed source restriction when they want something from outside of the store, however rarely, or often, that is.

freakout
02-18-2013,
Thanks, that's very helpful, I appreciate the link. I will change my Gatekeeper settings temporarily so that I can install the 2 programs I want to add.

freakout
02-23-2013,
I have had issues with Apple being unable to download certain Apple updates and apps without entering my credit card number and I have a very sincere issue with that, its an invasion of my privacy and if its a FREE UPDATE as Apple says why are they hassling me for my personal financial information. Apple is not on my list of favorites to deal with.