PDA

View Full Version : Funky notebook error in windows XP

Ivy74
10-01-2013,
Whenever I try to open a file with notepad by double clicking on it ' I I get a Windows cannot find error with the correct pathname to the file yet the file does actually open anyway. I ussuaally just close the error message and can do everything to the open file I want to ussually. So this isn't too big a deal but... It has gotten pretty annoying!!! Can anyone offer any assistance that might help me to eliminate this annoying glich?

Ivy74
10-07-2013,
In Notepad, select File \ Open. Locate and single-click on the desired file name. Do you get the same results?

The answer is No I do not get the same results the file opens fine that way. Yet there are often times that I just want to click the desktop file itself. Which results in the error. Any suggestions???

DonGiulio
10-13-2013,
In Notepad, select File \ Open. Locate and single-click on the desired file name. Do you get the same results?

DonGiulio
10-19-2013,
I'm not sure I'm understanding your description. Are you "saving" text files ( .txt) to the actual Desktop rather than a folder in My Documents? Are these files you've created and if so, with which program? If for some reason you actually have files on the Desktop, single-click should still work. Please post the "pathname" of one of the files which causes the error message to appear. Maybe that will give me a clue.