PDA

View Full Version : On startup I have no desktop, only windows explorer, help please

Greg
02-14-2014,
As I shut down last night I got a message that something was running and would be force shut down. It happened before I could respond. this morning, I have no desktop. I was only able to get connected by opening a chrome site I had a shortcut to in my files.

I can't get to safe mode because, for a long time when I try by pressing F9, I get the window with the option, but am unable to scroll up or down. I sure hope someone can help soon.

Greg
02-20-2014,
When that window comes up it shows safe mode option, but I can't scroll up or down. Is there any way to get into safe mode from windows explorer? I don't have a desktop, so no run bar to go to msconfig...thanks for answering

alessandra.bosi
02-26-2014,
You use the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options which is where the options for Safe Mode is located.

If you can boot into Safe Mode, do a System Restore. Use a restore point dated prior to this problem.

Click on the Start orb, then type system restore, in the results above the search box click on System Restore.

Choose a restore point prior to the problem.

alessandra.bosi
03-04-2014,
You need to use the up or down key to navigate to the option you want, then press Enter to choose it.

alessandra.bosi
03-10-2014,
Scrolling implies the use of a mouse to navigate on a page.

Are you saying that you can not use the up or down keyboard keys to navigate in the Advanced Boot Options?