View Full Version : Startup Repair Offline problem

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a pc, it can't start up normally and every time I run the startup repair tool I get that message:

Problem Event Name: StartupReepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: Unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21199232

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 2

Problem Signature 07: BadDriver

OS Version: 6.1.7601.

Locale ID: 1033

I already run the memory check but i get nothing, I format the hard disk drive in an other pc and put it back but nothing...

Any ideas what I must do to repair the problem?

When I was try to format the HDD in the first computer the format was never ending right, because the system reboot anytime the windows trying to open (at the windows logo on start up) giving me the choice to run the startup repair... so I took the HDD, put it on another computer and format it with a windows 7 copy and put it back on the first, but the problem seems to continue... every time the windows logo appear the pc was make a reboot

One of my friends told me that it is possible the problem may appear from bad internal power supply or a corruption at the motherboard, I will try to change the internal power supply and see if the problem will solve.

Well...if you formatted the hard drive...then a startup repair would be impossible, since there would be no files on the drive.

Am I missing something?

The hard must be in the system it is going to be used in.

As Common Practice = Yes.

But i have done this swapping H/Drives from a dead machine to using another working H/Drive and it works , then just load drivers required ..{ Have done this probably 20 times in 10yrs}

Doesnt work all the time but no harm in trying / and i would say if i built 2 identical Machines and swapped drives over = it will work.

If I'm understanding what happened...you cannot install Windows on Computer A...then move the hard drive to Computer B...and expect it to work properly. Windows is not designed to let that happen. The hard must be in the system it is going to be used in...when Windows is installed.

If you formatted the hard drive but did not install Windows while the drive was in System A...then I've not understood what happened.

If you tried to install Win 7 with the hard drive in the system it would be used with....then I would have to question the install media which you used or other attempted method of install.

Clean Install Windows 7