PDA

View Full Version : My Computer Randomly Restarts

futurepro62
05-10-2014,
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site but need your help. I have a new computer from CyberPowerPC. The computer is great, if not for the random restarts. No blue screen of death though. Sometimes it even freezes, becoming completely unresponsive (keyboard, mouse doesn't work, have to force it to shut down by holding down the power button).

I've updated the drivers for the BIOS, chipset, graphics card to the newest drivers available on the manufacture's web site.

I have tested the RAM by only inserting one at a time and also have run the Memorytest86 with no problems found. The issue still occurs.

I even reloaded the computer multiple times, installing both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Here is some info about my computer:

Operating System

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 41 C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155) 31 C
Graphics
ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (MSI) 35 C
Storage
59GB SanDisk SDSSDP064G (SSD)
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 31 C

Has anybody had this issue?

Thank you.

BigAl
05-17-2014,
Please download and install to provide us with information about your computer. When FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste. This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to provide us with information about your computer. When FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste. This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download [url=http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe]MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan. Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.