PDA

View Full Version : hope im in the right place for this

Buddyme2
12-28-2012,
i had did a system restore the other night. and when my husband got home that morning he downloaded IE10 which is on the desktop. with a windows security logo attached to the IE icon. well i double click it to see if it opens and it says.... IE10-windows6-1-en-us.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

and I"m curious as to what to do. I ran malwarebyes and AdwareCleaner but neither have picked up on what ever that is sitting on my desktop. will be adding more protection to computer momentarily but IM curious to know if anyone can tell me about it. I am running vista sp2 on a laptop thats what i call it :) so any help is better than no help

bitcash
01-05-2013,
It may be that the installer download has been corrupted, but in any case IE10 requires Windows 7 to operate, so it's also possible that Vista will not run the installer either. You will not be able to use IE10 on that system.

belmonte
01-13-2013,
Are you running a 64-bit OS or 32-bit?

"Not a valid Win32 application" is a common error message received when attempting to run or install a 64-bit application on a 32-bit operating system.

How to determine the version of Windows that is installed on a computer
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system <- provides Automatic version detection

belmonte
01-21-2013,
This file should have a digital signature, you can check this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519715/instructional-video-checking-the-digital-signature-of-windows-executables/